Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trusted Link vs. Gentran

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmedi

MIS
Aug 29, 2003
US
Does anyone have experience using both Trusted Link and Gentran on the AS/400. We are currently using Trusted Link V2.11 and are considering Gentran instead of migrating to V5. Any information would be helpful.

I can tell you that the migration to eV5 using the migration programs provided by Inovis is very easy. I migrated long ago to v5, all maps and user files migrated, the reports were comprehensive and support was there to help when I had a problem that was my doing. If you buy the Gentran pack won't you have to recreate all the maps etc?
Bob

Thanks Bob. Yes you are correct, all maps would have to be recreated. We are investigating the change because GENTRAN is currently used by another group within our company. I have also heard from others that the migration to V5 was not so easy.

I would have to agree that Inovis eV5 migration is somewhat smooth but there are other related problems in editing the old maps on eV5 workbench, and also couple of other bugs from old 4.X haven't got fixed yet on eV5. Meanwhile they have a new Version 6 as well, which supposedly has better functionality.
I would check out TLE 6.0 before venturing Gentran way
Have you decided what product from the Gentran suite you are going to be using?

Good Luck eitherways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back