Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trust relation between W2000 domain and WNT domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

arubioe

Technical User
Jun 14, 2002
FI

I have a domain with two controller domains(W2000 server and Nt Server), also i have other domain
with a NT server like PDC. When i try to establish a trust relation between domains in domain under NT
Server, it tell me: Acces denied.
If i try to establish relation in Windows 2000 domain it let me do, but not working. Why??
Many Thanks??

does it prompt you for a username and/or password when you try to access that other domain in Network Neighborhood? Try the admin account for both the Nt4.0 domain and the W2k domain; one should work. When you go to User Manager in NT4.0, and select Trust Relationships, you should use the W2K domain name and the W2K's admin's password when it prompts you....from how I remember doing it...

I use the W2K domain name and the W2K's admin's password when prompts me, but not work

you need to use the opposing domain admin credentials when trying to create the trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back