Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trust over firewall & router

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterve1

MIS
May 26, 2000
BE
Can somebody explain me how to set a trust over a router and a firewall, using only LMHOSTS (no WINS)<br><br>Thanks<br><br>Peter<br><br>PS : I know that port 135 -&gt; 139 should be open on the firewall, this has been done.

Have you tried adding an entry to the lmhosts files of nt servers on both sides of the router?<br><br>x.x.x.x&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;NTSERVERNAME&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;#PRE&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;#DOM:NTDOMAINNAME<br><br>where the ip address, server name and domain name are the name of the server on the other side of the router.&nbsp;&nbsp;Example:<br><br>server name&nbsp;&nbsp;= SERVER1<br>domain name&nbsp;&nbsp;= DOMAIN1<br>ip address&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;= 192.168.0.1<br>lmhost entry = 192.168.1.1&nbsp;&nbsp;SERVER2&nbsp;&nbsp;#PRE&nbsp;&nbsp;#DOM:DOMAIN2<br><br>and<br><br>server name&nbsp;&nbsp;= SERVER2<br>domain name&nbsp;&nbsp;= DOMAIN2<br>ip address&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;= 192.168.1.1<br>lmhost entry = 192.168.0.1&nbsp;&nbsp;SERVER1&nbsp;&nbsp;#PRE&nbsp;&nbsp;#DOM:DOMAIN1<br><br>

Well, that's what I was thinking of too, but I didn't had the change to restart the server on the other side, and tomorrow morning I will have the oportunity to test it<br>It should work right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back