Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trust Domain (Exchange) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzarth

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
I am planning this scenario for our Network and was wondering if it would work.

I look after 2 companies who share the same network, but have completely different identities. One company uses Terminal Server (abc.com) and the other is on a LAN (def.com).

I know Exchange can host multiple domains but if there is a problem then an error message is generated by def.com even if a mail is sent to abc.com (which I cannot allow to happen).

What I wanted to do was to create an additional Exchange Server in its own domain called abc.com. Users from abc.com still log into the def.com domain through Terminal Services.

My question is if I setup a trust between the two domains with the def.com domain, will the Terminal Server users that log onto def.com domain be able to pick up email from the abc.com Exchange box?

Hope that makes sense

TIA

Nzarth

MCSA/MCSE (W2K), CCA

Working on CCNA

NZARTH:

I just had a similar issue. No data out there for this. Yes you can accomplish this.
Scenario 1-If you set them up as a child domain it will work no issue at all.
Scenario 2-If they are a trusted domain in a different forest then what you will have to do is:
1-Setup the users for abc.com on def.com. Assuming def.com is the host for exchange.
2-Then go into active directory for users and computers>Exchange advanced>>Mail Box Rights command button and add the user account from ABC.COM domain.

You should be all set.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back