Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunks /Route Patterns /ARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

egle

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
DE
Hallo,

we have Trunk1 -Carrier A, Trunk2 -Carrier B. Route Pattern1 -Trunk1 is primary, Trunk2 is secondary. Route Pattern2 -Trunk2 is primary, Trunk1 is secondary. If I place some digit strings in Ars Analysis table and put there Route Pattern 2, anyway they go over Route pattern 1. Any ideas?

Thanks

You've obviously done something wrong...
More details wouldn't hurt.

Cheers,
Nico

My knowledge not the deepest ;) what do you mean by "restriction levels" ? COR?

Yep. Look at COR of caller (disp sta nnnn). Look at FRL of that COR (disp cor n). That FRL must be as high as the FRL you put in your route-pattern.

Prolly lotsa other ways to go wrong, too. (From experience.) :-\

First of all, I don't think you can confirm that the calls are going over route pattern 1 because both route patterns have exactly the same trunks.

Now you should understand that for a station to make a call using ARS, the FRL of the station's COR has to meet up to or beat the FRL of the tunk in the route pattern. Otherwise the call will not be made. You need to confirm that the FRLs are okay.

Another thing you might want to do is remove the secondary trunks in the route patterns. Make the calls and see which of the trunks is used. This will give you a 100% confirmation of which route pattern is being used.

And come to think of it, you can also ask the switch which route-pattern it's using:

list ars route-chosen 8005551212

for example, should tell you which trunk is used if you dialed 9-800-555-1212. (Notice you leave off 9, if that's what you dial for ARS.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back