Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunks not changing state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory356

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2007
US
We recently installed new Cisco Routers and Switches at all of our branches and combined our two T1 connections into a virtual 1 connection to increase bandwith. Since then our Nortel system after receiving a fax on a particular trunk does not change the codec back to a voice call. This is causing several problems such as locking sets as if they are receiving calls requiring me to disable the unit and re-enable it. It is sometimes causing dead air when calling extension to extension, and what I am hating most is that it is causing our service bell to ring constantly throughout our entire plant. Cisco has not given us a very clear answer on what they intend to do to remedy this problem, and I was checking to see if anyone else has had this problem.

how are the trunks built? Are they ISDN or conventional signalling? A printout of a trunk and rdb would be helpfull.
Also if they are ISDN, can you get a d=channel trace of a fax call from start to finish?

that is a known cisco problem and they did at one time take ownership of it.. i would check with them, i do not know of a nortel patch or workaround because the cisco side needs to either send eom or ack to reset that field

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Had a similiar problem. voip LD T1 tie was not sending ACK. on connect causing 3904's starting a conference call not to display the connect screen to link up conference calls. Nortel was very clear they run industry standard protocol for t1 handshaking and if they dont get that signal "you" got problems. The patch they tried was not successful. Oddly enough we had to converted the t1 to pri adding the dchannel and reconfig for ni2 and that resolved it. Might be worth a shot.

This was not a Cisco solution in our case. But a vendor supplied server that had these options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back