Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk to trunk with Emerald ICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceejcast

Technical User
Jan 12, 2009
US
I have successfully programmed trunk to trunk transfer for an Emerald ICE pbx. It seems to work well with the exception of the disconnect. When the call is ended by either side, both ports stay open indefinitely. When I call the number that the transfer was on, I get a ring no answer. It sounds like a disconnect supervision issue but since I am a novice on this system, I don't know where to adjust this setting. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, can't help you specifically with the ICE system as I've never seen them. I know the Corals very well.

But in general terms it is either a disconnect supervision setting in the ICE or at the provider. This has to be enabled by the provider - they send a message when a trunk is hung up that the ICE will detect. If they don't send that message even if you have the setting in the ICE it won't matter. Check with the provider they are sending this.

As for the setting in the ICE I don't know where to find it. Do you have a manual? I'd start there, in the trunk settings. Maybe someone else can help here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back