Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk to Trunk Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadissonIT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2005
US
I work at a hotel with a Meridian 1 switch. Our hospitality system (Galaxy) sends an "on" or "off" to the switch for each guest phone (500 set) to allow calls or not allow calls at check in. When the "off" is sent to the switch the set is not able to recieve trunk to trunk transfers (we can't transfer any incoming calls to the set). Our local vendor says there is nothing they can do and our hospitality system says it is something the vendor has to change. We have had our vendor make a global change on our switch to allow trunk to trunk transfers on all sets, but as soon as the "off" is sent to the switch the set can no longer receive incoming calls. Is there a way to permanently change what is defined by "off" or does anyone haev another solution? Thanks for any help.

talk to your vendor.. when your sending off, it changes either cls or ncos or both.. that change is flexable and needs to be changed in the pms not the switch.. you may be asking for the wronge feature.. you don't need trunk to trunk, trunk to station or inbound allow.. might make the light come on..

that's a common request.. allow inbound calls, block outbound, either all or just ld via the pms

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you are useing PMS through a tty port to the PMS you will need to call your PBX vendor and have them change the cls prompt in ld 15 under hospitality from fr1 or fr2 to fre.

When I try to chg hsp_data in ld15 I get an error code that says it is unequipped.

I printed out a guest set that you cannot transfer calls to and a set that is on with no restrictions. The only difference is under CLS the restricted phone has CCSA-CSA and the unrestricted set has CCSA-CSI. Also, we have Meridian Mail. Could there be a COS setting in Meridian Mail that might control this? Thanks for your responses.

The title of this thread is probably not suited for the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back