Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trunk to trunk transfer from a single line phone Merlin Magix Release 2 Version 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgreen17

Technical User
Jan 15, 2008
US
Trying to do a transfer to an outside number but call drops off after I hang up. Merlin Magix Release 2 Version 9
Call comes into auto att and gets transferred to a single line set. Call is answered and user does a hook switch flash and gets intercom dialtone back and proceeds to dial 9 and outside number . Called party answers but when I hang up to try and complete transfer they get disconnected and original call rings back into single line set. Conference works fine only having an issue with the transfer from a single line set. Trunk to trunk transfer has been enabled on this extension. Any ideas???

Can't initiate a trunk-to-trunk transfer from a single line set. If it's to the same outside number, RCF an adjunct, then transfer the caller to the adjunct's extension number

I can get it to work if I have the analog stations in a calling group setup as generic vmi , comes into system and I transfer to calling group setup as generic vmi with trunk to trunk transfer enabled, flash to 2nd intercom and dial out , as soon as I hear ringing I hang up and call is transferred. My question is will this affect anything with my integrated vmi calling group that is setup for Merlin messaging?

I'm not getting any tones when I answer the analog station, not sure if they just get passed quickly and by
The time I get the phone to my ear I don't get any tones. Wouldn't even bother trying it if they got tones in their ear. Do you know if it will conflict at all
With the integrated vmi calling group 770 I already have set up for vm.
I'm using the call answer service operator to zero out to calling group 771 which I set up with 6 analog stations and setup as generic vmi linear hunt. When I answer the call I am not getting any tones in my ear and I am able to transfer externally now. Just don't want it to mess up anything else.
Thanks for your help.

I see in the docs it says you cannot use a single line telephone connected to a tip/ring port to make a trunk-trunk transfer. I was able to get it to work by putting my analog stations in a calling group setup as generic vmi and allowing trunk to trunk transfer on those exts with no restriction. The users get no signaling tones in their ear when the call is transferred to their analog extension. I tried this in a test environment without a vm system . I am looking to try this for a customer that wants to be able to transfer externally to any number from analog phones. They currently have a calling group set up as integrated vmi used for Merlin messaging. Does anyone see any issues in creating a calling group using 771 setup as generic vmi and adding the analogs to it? Will anything conflict with the existing 770 integrated vmi calling group? i was going to program adjuncts and forward to fixed numbers but they want the ability to transfer anywhere. Any input or suggestions as I don't want to create more issues.
Thanks

tip/ring port that is programmed as a generic VMI port can transfer an outside call to an outside number (trunk-to-trunk transfer).

Generic VMI — This setting is used when a voice messaging system (such as Avaya Attendant or Integrated Voice Power Automated Attendant) that does not require special signaling is connected to one or more extension jacks assigned to a Calling Group. The system automatically logs in the Calling Group members after a power failure.

You cannot use a single-line telephone connected to a tip/ring port to make a trunk-to- trunk transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back