Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk to Trunk connection with SIP trunks on MCD 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandabear1

Technical User
Oct 14, 2004
CA
I have Allstream Sip trunks and have followed the Interop to the letter but cannot do a trunk to trunk connection on the Sip trunks. If I call in to the same user via the analogue trunks and have that user conference in his cell on an analogue trunk the conference works great. If that same user uses the Sip trunking he cannot conference, scenario: I call him on a Sip trunks, he presses the conference key and dials his cell on a Sip trunks and can talk to the cell but when he tries to conference I hear the conference tone and am connected to the party trying to conference but the cell is not joined into the conference. I can however call in on a Sip trunk to a extension that is externally call forwared out of the switch to a cell and that works.

would the firewall allow the Sip trunk to come in and external call forward out on a Sip trunk but deny a conference?

You don't have interconnect restrictions set up, do you? We had the same sort of issues between our BRi and PRI trunks because our interconnect restrictions were blocking them.

:code.poet:

In the peer profile I have an interconnect restriction of 1, in the interconnect restriction table there are no restrictions.

would the firewall allow the Sip trunk to come in and external call forward out on a Sip trunk but deny a conference? "

Yes. You need to remember a couple of things:

1. SIP signaling is on port 5060. So if you can 'setup' a call, this is open and fine.
2. When sets talk, they stream directly to each other, using whatever port range they indicate in the SDP.
3. When sets conference, they stream to the controller, using a separate port range and data path.

Sounds like you have the first 2 ok, but not the 3rd....

Actually, if you're coming in a SIP trunk and directing the call back out, if the SIP SP is smart enough, the voice data won't even hit your network.

thanks IrwinMFletcher for your reply, as far as point 3, I did follow the Interop so not sure what to change, I have gone thru those settings to no avail.

It's not settings on the system, but on your routers. From the sounds of it, the calls are setup, the streaming just isn't getting through. Take a look at your routers. And/or take a wireshark trace of the call and you'll see the ports it's trying to stream to, then make sure they are open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back