Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trunk to trunk between Opt 11 and Norstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnd

Technical User
Mar 2, 2005
US
Have a Opt 11 rls 25. with a pri to a Norstar. Set up dchl with a IFC of sl1 and everything was all right. Customer wants to put fiber in and is using Adtran equipment. They want me to change the ifc to NI2. The Opt 11 has to be a did to use NI2. When we change both sides to an NI2, I can use 4 digit dialing between switches, but the Norstar can't dial out, it ends up at the Opt operator, and incoming calls to the Opt 11 to the Norstar goes to the operator in the Opt 11. I am not using the fiber as of yet, so I can work out bugs. Must be an option because of pri being a did instead of tie, but can't find it. Any help out there.

This needs to be setup as TIE, not DID.

When set as DID, the option 11 will look at the length of LDN0 and compare that to calls coming in on the PRI. If the Norstar is sending more digits than the Option 11 is looking for, the leading digits are dumped until the number of digits matches the length of LDN0.

I would keep the IFC at SL1, and the route as TIE in order for the Norstar to be able to send calls for the PSTN through the option 11.

Adtran requires the system to be either an NI2, Dms100 or ESS4. Either of those requires the option 11 to be programmed as a DID. It was set up as an SL1 and tie and it worked great, but the customer wants fibre and wants to use adtran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back