Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk Splitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwarren

MIS
Sep 10, 2003
GB
Is there anyway I can split a trunk by the VDN that has been called?

Let me explain:
We have a trunk of 150 ports
We utilise around 50 ports for our normal business activity.
We are going to take overflow calls from another company and have told them they can use 100 ports max at a time.
I would like to have some control on this so they can't send more than 100.

Is there a way I can say calls to VDN XXXX for "normal business" will have access to up to 50 ports
Calls to VDN YYYY for "Overflow calls" will have access to up to 100 ports

In your Vector you can try something like this:

06 goto step 24 if calls-queued in skill XX pri m > 50
24 disconnect after announcement none
25 stop

Define skill XX as your overflow.

I wouldn't give them a full 100 though... your company may have a spike in calls coincidentally the same time the overflow spikes, and you could impact your business.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Thanks CJH,
I was looking at trunk level.
We never have 50 calls in a queue for vectoring to be effective. Although we may have 50 people on calls.

What kind of trunk group is it? If it is FAS PRI's or really anything but NFAS you should be able to easily seperate the 150 member tg into two groups one with 50 and one with 100. Once the facilities are split you can point and define as needed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back