Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk port for paging on SX-200EL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajfischer

Instructor
Jan 27, 2005
US
How can I get access to a trunk port for paging??? Trunk groups no longer have individual access codes.....instead the trunk groups are accessed through ARS with their trunk group number....anyway to access a individual trunk port from analog phones so they can page??

Thanks!!

Couldn't you just place the trunk port used for paging into it's own trunk group, then assign ARS digits to that route?

Good idea...tried it...but it seems that without dialtone on the trunk port it won't connect me....dial "9" (for ARS) then "7" which I routed to a trunk group with my "paging" trunk in it....you hear the PBX "click" but no trunk port LED on the card and no audio output or input....connect dialtone to that port...works great????

Thanks!!!

the trunk is usually looking for voltage, not dialtone. Your paging equipment needs to provide talk battery for the trunk to operate.

Consistancy... Is only a virtue when you're not a total screwup.

KwbMitel is right. I think 24 VDC on the trunk port would suffice. If your paging equipment cannot provide that then you will need to use a seperate DC power suppy to provide it.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back