Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk groups busying out at random (lights lit on console) unable to turn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddickenson

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2009
US
About every 3 months or so I get a call from my operators telling me the "lights on the console lit up again" They are referring to the top 3 lights on the left which apparently correspond to some trunk groups we have that control different areas of paging.

All these groups are on one Universal Trunk card and when the lights are lit we never know who's going to call and complain but last time it was ER today it's Surgery. When the lights are lit some route is going to start intercepting to the operator.

I have tried replacing the card, disabling, re-enabling, etc. When you push the buttons to "un-light" that trunk it does nothing.

The only two ways I've found to correct this fault is init, and out and rebuild the route, rebuilding the trunk does nothing but once you rebuild the route the light goes away and calls go through. What on earth can be causing this and is there a a place in software I can look for to see what the status is of these trunks other than just stating the trunk members? I'm at a loss but init every time this happens isn't really sustainable.

The Trunk Group Busy keys are activated/deactivated by pressing Shift and the trunk key at the console.
You can turn the feature off in the customer data block ATT gate opener OPT XTG.

StanleySteamer,
I tried pressing shift (it lights up and stays lit) then any of the top three buttons but nothing happens, and shift stays lit until I press it again. Any other ideas? I've already enabled XTG in the CDB but that also didn't change anything.

I figured it out. I had to set it back to ITG, then turn them off (with shift which I hadn't tried before), then turn XTG back on so hopefully it doesn't happen again.
Thanks for the help!

It's lit up for a reason, all the trunks in that route are busy. Removing the indicator won't fix your trunk busy issue. That will just turn off the indicator at the console.

I have no idea how it became active and busied out the trunks, but after giving the consoles back control to manipulate it (ITG) which I had taken away trying to fix an issue that I dind't understand at the time) I was able to press shift + the key and after that the console stopped lighting those keys and the calls stopped intercepting to the operator. At that point I changed the ATT data back to XTG and I'm crossing my fingers they don't accidentally somehow turn that on again now that they shouldn't be able to from the consoles.

If the trunk group busy keys are flashing then it's because all the trunks are actually in use but callers are not re-directed to the console.
If the keys are lit steady then it is because they were activated at the console. That's when calls are rerouted to the attendant. If I remember, the console can be put into Shift mode and still work to handle calls. But then the trunk groups keys can be activated accidentally.

With XTG you avoid a lot of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back