Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk-Group problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozy

Technical User
Jun 13, 2001
GB
Hi greetings

We have just added two new numbers using the same trunk. The problem is that when you dail from a outside line all you get is a engaged tone. I have configured the VDN, stations etc, but can not figure out why its not dailing in. Could anyone point ,me in the right direction.

try list trace TAC xxx where TAC is the access code of your trunk or list trace VDN xxxx,dial into it,and see what the problem is..

Hope this helps..

Rob

You don't say what type of trunk.
If this is a t1, do you know what digits
the LEC is sending?

You asked about adding a vdn in another question so I assume these are related.

Are how many digits are your exensions? in the other question some one assumed 4 and that means your vdn number would be the last for digits of the phone number. You need to also find out how many digits the phone company is sending you. your trunk group may be set up to strip digits or add digits depending on your dial plan. The new numbers may or maynot need to have digits stripped.

Next make sure your vdn cor is set up correctly. (check to make sure it matches a working one.) then if you think you have all that set up route the new vdn to a working vector number to make sure your vector is programmed correctly.

My guess is its has something to do with how many digits the CO is sending you.

RTMCKEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back