Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trunk between sites not sending DID information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montero84

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
Hello,

We have an Avaya prologix and a S8800, diferent locations... we have a trunk connecting both places. I am getting the errors PPP-PT 513 and 1538. Both sites are still able to place calls between locations but are not sending any DID. When I do a display status for the link... it shows: Link status: restarting in both places. I have reseted the C-LAN manually and by command but still not working.. any idea?

Thanks!

What type of connections is being used?
Is the Prologic a ESS, LSP, or stand alone?
Do you have DCS link setup?

Davidpayne,

The Prologix is stand alone and we have DCS link. It was working fine.. still able to call between sites but is not sending any DID.

Thanks in advance!

Can you run an trace? I have inherited an Prologix switch with an DCS link but having an problem sending faxes.

You would still be able to make calls without the DCS link. But you would loss stuff like DID, extension number pass over etc. What type of line connect the two sites? And a trace could be useful.

what type trunks between the prologix and s8800?
Definity software version?

I don't understand what you are saying about losing DID.
DID is Direct Inward Dialing

Incoming DID calls can come in on either system and route to the other system whether DCS is working or not.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

Hello,

I found that the C-LAN has not connectivity. I moved it to a different slot in the G650 and it has connectivity. So, it got it be something wrong in the backplane of my G650. However, when I do a "change data-module xxxx" to change the port with the new location for the C-LAN, it says "object in use; please try later" I changed the "Enable link " to n but still not able to change the port. I busied out the data-module but still not able to change the port number. any idea?

Thanks!

Did you make the changes before or after you moved the card?

Hello Davidpayne

I moved the card back to its original slot. I Installed a second C-LAN that I want to use instead since the second C-LAN has connectivity.

Thanks!

Any idea to change the port in the data-module? I am trying to change the port but it always says: busy please try again later.

Thanks in advance!

I am still dealing with this... I found that I can't ping the IP addresses configured for the PPPs. We haven't made changes in the network. If I use the same IP in a different device I can ping all day long. Any idea of why I am not able to ping the IPs anymore? Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back