Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Truncated directory names reversed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tencel

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2002
GB
I am using Arcserve 11 on a Windows 2000 Advanced server with MS Developer Studio 6 Enterprise and SQL Server 2000. I performed a test Disaster Recovery (I am using the Open File agent, DR agent, and SQL Agent) and it works fine but the truncated directory names for C:\Program files\Microsoft SQL Server\* (which on the original server is C:\Progra~1\Micros~4) and the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\* (which on the original server is C:\Progra~1\Micros~3) have their truncated directory names reversed. Of course, the registry is using the truncated names, which makes it a tedious job to go through and correct it to make it all work again. Is there a shorter/better way to deal with this?

You lost me.

You mean the original directories have a tilda and are being restored as 4~sor....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back