Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TrueType Printing Problems with Quark 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

momac

Technical User
Mar 18, 2004
US
I'm running QuarkXPress 6.1 on OS 10.3.2. I have a font that I use frequently (TrueType). It is correct on the screen, it will convert to pdf and print fine, but I cannot print it directly from Quark without getting a font substitution problem.

I'm printing to both an HP LaserJet 4200n series and an older Apple LaserWriter Pro 600. )I can print to an HP InkJet 900 series fine). This font prints perfectly from all of my other applications, it's just Quark that seems to be having a problem with it.

Any suggestions? I'm currently using the Font Book application to manage fonts. I've tried putting the font in question into the font folder that is accessible to all who use the computer, but not into the system font folder itself. Doesn't seem to make any difference on the former solution.

We are having a similar problem with Quark 6.1 and OS 10.3. While I seem to be able to print anything to my little HP officejet, there are some postscript t1 fonts that when I print to our big network printers the job flushes. And, like you, it's just in Quark that I have the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back