Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TrueSync Desktop & Rex 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan22

Technical User
Aug 15, 2014
CH
Yesterday, once again, I synced (successfully) all entries (addresses, some 800, plus CDs) to my Xircom Rex 5000. It is in fact more an overwriting of the Rex-5000 than a syncing.

I proceed as following: All my data are in about three different dBase IV dabatabases. I then import them using TrueSync Desktop. I got a Win 7 64bit Toshiba notebook and a Rex 5000 docking station. The docking station has got a serial port. So, I use a USB to serial cable bridge. It is about 15 years old and called "USB to RS-232/Printer Adapter" or "UTM1925" / "B". The manufacturer's website ( says, the new software also works on Win 8.

My question now: Is TrueSync Version 2.0b also working on Win 8 (64 bit)? If not, I also could use any Sidekick version, e.g. Sidekick 98. Sidekick also can be used for syncing with Rex-5000, I suppose. Would any Sidekick work on Win 8?

I do not sync / overwrite my Rex-5000 that often; just about twice a year, so sometimes I forget the steps I undertook last time.

Thank you for your help.

Allan.

Dear Alan22
Try Sidekick 97 / Internet Sidekick

Jim

Dear james33: Thank you for the prompt response. I managed to save memo files from TrueSync to SK98 format & open them in SK98. So, I suppose your suggestion will work. BTW. I already have found out on the forum that SK98 will work on Win8. Perhaps I should change back to SK98 as it has got more features than TrueSync. However, my real organizer is Lotus Organizer 6.1 which also seems to work on Win8.

I guess the good old organizers fortunately never will die.

Regards, Allan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back