Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

True or False...GPO question

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix101

MIS
Jun 5, 2007
US
Group Policy question...I am having trouble appling some policies to computer accts which belong to an OU.

Someone just told me that because the users reside on Domain A and the policies and computer accts exist on Domain B when I try to log into the computer (belonging to Domain B) with a user acct (belonging to domain A) the policies (which are linked to the OU which the computer belong to) are not being applied because the compute authenticates directly to Domain A, thus; it doesn't know about the policies sitting on Domain B!

Is this true? I don't know enough yet to just tring to research and understand the process.

Thanks for your help everyone!

well I believe that Computer based policies are applied at boot up. But as long as there is a 2-way transitive trust between Domain A and Domain B that Domain A USER policies should apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back