Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouple installing 3.7 SU3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucky101

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2006
AU
I have a 3.7 system with only a very old voice mail patch and RCC patch installed.

I want to upgrade them to the latest service update but when installing the patch it just sits there on step one, 'checking previously installed updates installed updates' and does nothing

I didn't realize there was a SU3 for 3.7. I thought there was only 2 of them....

Learn somethin new every day :)
Any had this problem with any Service Update?

Dependencies: Required patches - Please apply patch BCM370.194-OS2 prior to this service update patch to ensure that there is sufficient space available on the NNACTIVE (F:\) drive.

if the initial step is failing to get to the BCM to compelte the health check, try power cycling (not rebooting) the BCM and your PC. You can also try to run the inventory manuallly via UM. All patches and upgrades attempt to access the inventory.xml file on the BCM to obatain previous patch/upgrade versions. Without access to this file, the patch/upgrade will not continue.

I've had the exact same issue. We did refer it to Nortel and after troubleshooting, were told to replace the harddrive. Didn't help. We ended up just upgrading the box to 4.0. Which was no small task thanks to a mess up in KRS and issues with harddrive space.

At 3.7, it was up to date pretty much with patches.

I'd check the motherboard as well, just in case you have faulty capacitors.

Bugger Norcomm...
Strangly enough, i have been able to install Service Update 2 :S

How do u manually run the inventory check from UM? Is there a way to edit the Service Update installer to bypass the 1st step?

You run it from the Maintaince Tab.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back