Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Troubles with EasyCD Creator after re-install

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirleyowl

Technical User
Jul 27, 2001
GB
Please can someone help I am getting no joy from the Roxio help site, so I thought of my trusty friends on tek-tips.
I recently re-upgraded my WinME. i.e I had unistalled it and gone back to 98, but changed my mind.
I wanted to back up my files and realised EasyCd Creator 5 platinum version needed re-installing. So I did that but now when I click on the shortcut to open it strange things happen to my desktop, parts of it get lots of lines across, some of it went black etc.
So I cant see how to use the program.
I have also got a disk in my writer drive HP 9100 series that I had started to back up to when I realised CD creator wasnt on there. That appears to be stuck. I was trying to burn it when there was an error message that I couldnt use it because Roxio kernel was already using it.

So I tried ejecting the disc. nothing happened.
I dont mind losing one CD but cant get it out . I just had a thought
I wonder if it reinstalled properly, as there were problems with shutting down and restarting after the installation.
Just checked, seems some of the problems were due to the fact that it hadnt installed. So I tried again. With some success, however I still had problems with an OE error message after i chose to make a data CD..
I then closed it using Ctrl>Alt>del. and started again.
If I use the icon from the start bar then I can choose which project and I managed to eject the CD from the drive. I do not know if it burnt any of the data to it.i made it so that it could be read in any CD drive and I just put it in my Mac to see if I could read any of it. However it is not showing up on my desktop. I had already tried reading it in the PC but that had even more problems and had to close it all down again which is why I want to do a reformat of the drive and re-install everything from scratch.
its a good thing I dont go out to work anymore.It has taken hours of my time trying to get it working properly.
Sorry this is a bit muddled I was working on the PC with all this and trying to remember what happened
I am sorry this is such a long message but I tried not to miss anything out. and thought that it was better you had all the information than not enough and have to come back for answers.
I am reluctant to reformat until I know this disc has may data on it. Is there any other way i can burn to disc without spending any more money at the moment

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for ploughing through all this . I appreciate it so much
Shirl[flowerface] Using my PC Celeron111 433mhz, 30Gb+8GB 256 RAM WinME
iMac OSX 10.2.4 17"Flat panel 80gb,800mhz,256 Ram, Superdrive

I tried easy cd creater once(mistake) and all it did was mess with my desktop settings and made my computer boot weird at times so i deleted it and got the newest version of nero which has worked great since. TRY THAT

Of course since spending money on another product is your last option, have you tried removing Roxio completely from the hard drive before reinstalling it?

A complete removal would include removing the registry keys and directories that are sometimes left behind after running the uninstall. You can find what reg keys to check at Roxio's support site. Of course, make sure you are rebooting inbetween uninstalling and reinstalling. ~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

thanks Cdogg I have a feeling that is what happened as even tho I did nt have CD creator installed the HP programme wouldnt let me use it because the roxio kernel was using it.
However I am having problems getting into the support section of Roxio so I dont know which registry keys I need to look for.
I have emailed Roxio with my problem too. but havent heard from them yet.
I will keep plugging away. thanks
Shirl [flowerface]ey Using my PC Celeron111 433mhz, 30Gb+8GB 256 RAM WinME
iMac OSX 10.2.4 17"Flat panel 80gb,800mhz,256 Ram, Superdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back