Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

troubles referencing embedded form's property!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2002
US
Hello,

I need to reference the following embedded form from a general module, but it's not working and I don't know why!!

Forms!frmJobDetails_Module!frmJobDetails_Tabs.Form!frmJobDetails.RecordsetType = 3 'set form to read only

I've tried it these ways too:

Forms.frmJobDetails_Module.frmJobDetails_Tabs.Form.frmJobDetails.RecordsetType = 3 'set form to read only

Forms!frmJobDetails_Module!frmJobDetails_Tabs!frmJobDetails.RecordsetType = 3 'set form to read only

Please note, the procedure works fine as an event inside the form, using me.RecordsetType instead, so something has to be wrong with my form referencing, right??

Thanks!
Blaine

Brackets may help you understand the names of my forms better:

Forms![frmJobDetails_Module]![frmJobDetails_Tabs].Form![frmJobDetails].RecordsetType = 3 'set form to read only

I figured it out - just needed to add another ".form" at the end. details. details.

Forms![frmJobDetails_Module]![frmJobDetails_Tabs].Form![frmJobDetails].form.RecordsetType = 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back