Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Troubles recognizing local format messages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedmega

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2001
CA

Hey Everybody,

I am trying to implement some custom local format messages but I get a catalog error every time. I found some info on the Tivoli web page that says that you have to disable, and distribute the monitor before running gencat and then enable and redistribute. I did this but it still doesn't work properly. Any ideas...this is what the .msg file looks like before running gencat..

$set 1
1 dummy
2 dummy
$set 2
1 %8$M Warning %10$M %9$M %11$s
2 This is the locat format 2 message

Any help you could provide would be great.

Hi there!
you have to use gencat to generate your .cat file first. Then you need to distribute this file to the MN msg_cat dir if you are monitoring a MN or the lcf_bundle\msg_cat dir (IIRP) on the gateway in order to have it available for your endpoints to use. Finally remember to change your monitor to use local format.
This is quite explained in the DM manual (but the proper dirs you should distribute to ;-)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back