Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Troubles installing SQL 2005 clients tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2002
BE
Hi all,

I didn’t know where to post this because it includes SQL-installation problems as well as Win2k3 problems. We have a citrix farm on MPS4 with Win2k3 SP1. On one off the application servers I’ve installed the SQL2005 client tools because the SQL Server Management Studio perform much better then the old SQL 2k Enterprise Manager (we have a large amount of databases and it takes forever to open these databases). On the first server that I installed everything went well. I installed the SQL client tools through Add/Remove program, rebooted the server after installation and everything runs great.
To make the application available on the other application servers in our farm I installed the SQL client tools in the same manner another application server, which is exactly the same setup as the first one. However, after a reboot the SQL Server Management Studio does not start but returns this message: Package ‘Microsoft SQL Management Studio Package’ failed to load.
I started doing some research and testing and found that after repairing the DOTNETFX 2.0 everything works again as long as I don’t reboot. After a reboot I get the same message again. Has anyone encountered this before?
Last week I even completely reinstalled this server from scratch but the problem wasn’t resolved…

Sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back