Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with upsizing foxpro database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samalia

Technical User
Jun 7, 2005
CA
I've been trying to connect a foxpro database with a website and I've found that a good way to do it is to upsize foxpro with the upsizing wizard. I've intalled an sql server on my computer and I've installed an ODBC driver but when I do to define a data source my I cannot find the server I installed on my computer. I've looked in my services and the sql server does exist.

Does anyone have some ideas?
Thanks.

Samalia,

In general, if SQL Server is installed on your local machine, the server name will be the same as the machine name (which you can find in VFP by issuing SYS(0) and looking for the part before the # sign).

If you are using the ODBC applet in Control Panel to create the DSN, just type that name in the Server field (on the first page of the SQL Server DSN wizard). If you are creating a connection string, type the name in the "SERVER=" field.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back