Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trouble with upgrade to 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlinczar

Vendor
Sep 27, 2008
US
I am having upgrade trouble with an IP500 that was 4.2.
I started with a license for 6.0 sml and the IP500 has a 2 8 port dig card, 1 8 port analog pots card, and 1 16 port dig expansion module (yes we had an "OOPS" moment).
The Expansion module was not seen going to 6.0.
I purchased the regular 6.0 for more than 32 users license and it still does not see the expansion module.
Short of detonation cord any helpful suggestions.

Did you delete the now obsolete under 32 licence, and also do a power reboot after connecting the module, does it see it then? :)

ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications

I've just bought a brand new car and on the way out of the dealership the engine seized, they want £2000 paid in advance to look at it which they will keep if they can find a way to blame me for it......Remind you of anything :)

No I have not power cycled the unit (Reboot yes) after removing old unusable 6.0 sml license

Once done, try an upgrade, does that see the module? Is so make sure you step it through 3.2.999 :)

ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications

I've just bought a brand new car and on the way out of the dealership the engine seized, they want £2000 paid in advance to look at it which they will keep if they can find a way to blame me for it......Remind you of anything :)

Remove the module and licenses, reboot the ipo , add the license, add the module, reboot the ipo.
Then upgrade the module in two steps.
First the 3.2.999 and then the 6.0.8 bin.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

I'm sorry did I miss something. I am working with an IP500V1!
Thank you

The 16 port DG module needs to be upgraded in 2 steps.. 3.2.99 the upgrade to 6.0

ACS- IPOffice Implement

this is not the way to go.
After down-grading the 16 port dig to 3.2.99 then upgrading both IP500 and 16 dig mod to 6.0. the 16 port dig disappeared again then down graded to 5.0.18 IP 500 and 16 port dig did not reappear even after reboot had to down grade to 4.2.20 then reboot IP500 then 16 port reappeared was able to down grade. Downgrading 3.2.99 onto ip500 exp mods may not be wise.
Doesn't the IP500 exp mods come preloaded with 4.0?

Is the Ds module a V1 or a V2 ?

The V1 module do have metal ports and the V2 are plastic.

Downgrading 3.2.99 onto ip500 exp mods may not be wise."

It should be done on every module that can take it. Don't forget modules show 2 versions higher than the firmware release.

You will have lots of issues as many have found here if you don't put modules through the loader. it should always be done.

ACSS-SME
Get well soon Aaron.

Tom, not all modules!
Only the V2 modules need the 3.2.999 bin files before upgrade to 4.x or higher.

That is a bit vague :p

fix is to remove the digital phones from exp module. Appearantly the module is being over inundated with upgrade request's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back