Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with transparent background in Flash 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashRasta

Technical User
Sep 25, 2008
US
Im having trouble making my stage or background transparent.

I've selected "transparent windowless" in the publish settings and I've add the param <param name=wmode value=transparent/>to my html.

But what else do I have to do ???

Thanks

yea I think its in an ok place in the embed tag take a look

<embed src="host.swf" quality="high" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="766" height="550" name="host" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage=" />

anything else you could see or think of?

Thanks

You know what . I just realized I can do it but its not working in a pop-up window launched by a javascript inside a flash movie.

I just get the background of the html page its embeded in.

What I want is to see the other webpage with another .swf showing through the one above it.

Thanks

I understand what your saying but I think I realized that even though we can achieve a transparent bg with our .swf movies, If the .swf in the pop-up window is embeded in a browser window we cant make the browser bg transparent even though the .swf in it has a transparent bg. The bg color of the html pg ends up showing through.

This is what I think I've figured so far. But I'll try making the base .swf transparent too.

Thanks

I think another solution might be to create a projector. But it must be cross-platform...

yea sure why not it could download and auto run its just gotta be cross-platform...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back