Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with Timing? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaggiebunnet

Programmer
Jun 10, 2004
EU
hi there

I have a vba app that I have tried to convert to vb net because it doesnt need to be tied to vba as it can access the library from vb - it doesnt need to update excel etc just update the 3rd party app.

Anyway, I have a problem when I run the .net version I get the below error - if i put in sleeps etc it sometimes goes away but always hits a different part of the code where I get the same error. I have read some docs that suggest it is a timing thing in windows, it works fine in vba so i can only think vba was slow enough to cope :) - as I am not natively a windows programmer and com was last done in college days i am a bit lost as to fix this - can anyone help. Thanks in advance.

[tt]"Call was rejected by callee. )Exception from HRESULT:0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))"[/tt]

R.

Magic 8 ball says "Outlook cloudy". If you post the part of your code causing the error now you have a better chance of getting an answer.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.
-My kingdom for a edit button!

Thanks for posting what you found. I've never had it, but doesn't mean I will not in the future or someone else could.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.
-My kingdom for a edit button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back