Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with the Run command

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobilman

Programmer
Feb 2, 2005
US
Guys
I'm having trouble with the run \ command in a FPW26 program I wrote.
It runs OK on my computer where I have all of the foxpro programs, but when I send the program, as an executable, to my boss; he can't get the DOS command to work, although everything else in the program works. Is there some executable I can send my boss so that he can get the run command to work on his computer?
We are both using Windows XP.
Thanks
Nobilman

Has you included the full path to the executable with the RUN command?
Does he have priviledges to the folder?
What operating sysyem - WinXP, Win98 etc ??

In the process of Googling for answers to another issue, I stumbled across a posting from Foxite that might have an answer for you. Here's an excerpt:
Long file names or file names having spaces may not propely recognized/formatted with run command.
You may use run command option. like /N, that may cause conflict with exe having similar option, and so on.

Try first to find FOXRUN.PIF that Run command supposed to call. Change Command Line property there from
COMMAND.COM to CMD.EXE.

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back