Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with Tcl_MakeFileChannel

Status
Not open for further replies.

fensterz

Programmer
Jun 21, 2000
US
I am trying use a named pipe to speak to my c application and am having trouble.<br><br>This seems like the way to go, but it doesnt work.<br>fth_stdout is a file handle to a named pipe.<br><br>outChannel = Tcl_MakeFileChannel(fth_stdout,TCL_WRITABLE);<br>Tcl_RegisterChannel(globalInterp, outChannel);<br>Tcl_SetStdChannel(outChannel, TCL_STDOUT);<br><br>I have also tried this where fth_stdout is a normal file handle and found no luck there either.<br><br>This does work however:<br>outChannel = Tcl_OpenFileChannel(globalInterp, <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;D:\\fth\\checkout.txt&quot;,&quot;w&quot;,0777);<br>Tcl_RegisterChannel(globalInterp, outChannel);<br>Tcl_SetStdChannel(outChannel, TCL_STDOUT);<br><br>But that doesnt help me much.<br><br>Are there any brilliant people out that have a solution to this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back