Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trouble with tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oobu

Programmer
Jan 9, 2005
US
I want to start off by saying I haven't written a website in a few years so my code may look a little rusty.

With that said, I am having some issues with tables that I could use help with. I am displaying some images in a table and in IE there is some weird spacing between the cells but in FF it displays as it should. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Another issue I was having is I can't seem to get the table to occupy the outermost edges of the screen. It has a little space between the table and the edge of the window.

HTML questions would be better targetted in the HTML forum.

The easy one first:
Another issue I was having is I can't seem to get the table to occupy the outermost edges of the screen.  It has a little space between the table and the edge of the window.
Code:
<body style="margin:0px;padding:0px">
I reckon the first problem will go away if you add a doctype to the start of the HTML document (look it up on the google interweb thingy).

I have a suggestion that you get into some simple CSS aswell. Even with your "rusty" table html, you will be able to achieve a hell of a lot with just some simple CSS.

My 5cents.
Jeff

Thanks, and I thought this was the HTML forum.

HTML = forum215

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Essex Steam UK for steam enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back