Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with Loud Bell Ringer off of POTS Port 201????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orlando21

Programmer
Jan 13, 2004
CA
I have a 406vs2 3.1.65 have a loud bell working off of a Pots Port from the 406 (Ext201). Scenario is I have Hunt Group 400 Ext 221 and 201 are in the Hunt Group. It is set to Group, ext 201 is a loud Bell that is suppoded to alter the reception when HG 400 is ringing when she is out of her desk. What is happening is that sometimes Ext 201 will ring by itself with out 221 ringing at all. I put a regular analogue phone on the ext 201 to find out the cause. The result of this was that HG 400 was still rining on ext 201 but not on ext 221. Some calls are only ringing on this ext 201 and not on 221.

Can someone tell me if I need to configure this port like a page port or something like that? My ringer works off of the 48 volt. All I did is run a line to the Loud ringer and hook it up. Nothing in manager etc...

Thanks

Try changing the group to type Linear, with a 5 second allocated answer interval. In the extension list, alternate between 201/221/201/221/201/221 (repeated extension entries are OK). This would ring 201 and 221 alternatively, and might provide the desired results for you but more consistently.

-Cale

CZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back