Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with installing Eiffel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

khashyar7

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
CA
I have installed Linux suse 9.0 on my system and then I was trying to install Eiffel on it. Quoting from the Eiffel install Documentation:

EiffelStudio 5.5 requires GTK+ 2.4.0 or above to function properly. You can check that you have this installed correctly by typing the following command:

pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0

This command failed, so I could not proceed installing the software. Do you have any idea what is wrong and how I can fix it, so that I can go on installing Eiffel !?

Please lemme know,

Cheers,

Kash

download gtk+-2.0 and install it.
It's the gimp-toolkit afaik - probably graphics-stuff.
It's often needed, so it might be usefull, even if you stop using eiffel.

Eiffel is a programing language, to answer a question from the previous thread.

seeking a job as java-programmer in Berlin:

Hi,

I downloaded gtk+-2.4.11 and unzipped the file:

tar -zxvf gtk+-2.4.11.tar.gz

and it created a gtk+-2.4.11 folder with all the files dumped into it. I went in the folder and ran:

./configure

It prompted the following message:

configure: error: no accpetable C compiler found in $PATH

Is there a C compiler that I should install after installing linux or if it already exists, where is it so that I can manually add its location to the PATH?

Cheers,

Kash

khashyar7: If you have further questions on a topic just add them to the existing topic. Starting a new topic just confuses things.

Sorry but this time it was totally different matter. I managed to solve the other one, that's why I posted another thread !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back