Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with Greetings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

galley

Vendor
Apr 28, 2007
US
Hi All!

The customer recorded greetings for a menu, when we dial the toll free number that takes you to each recording, the beginning of the message is being cut off, so instead of hearing "Thank you for calling..." you hear "you for calling.." or "for calling.." . This happens on all recorded greetings for menus, the mailboxes are fine. Does anyone know a fix for this?

It may be happening to all toll free calls as they hit the system. Since users are only reached after they have been transferred from a toll free to the extension.

In other words, I'd take one of the toll free numbers and point it to a DN. Call it, answer right away and speak. See if the caller hears you. This would eliminate the menu or mail system.

I suspect this is a trunk route issue.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

This is not a trunk route issue, the TFN is already pointed to a DN. Wheather I dial the TFN or the DID DN, I have the same issue?

Meridian Mail? CallPilot?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Sure, I bet the TFN and DID come in on the same trunk route.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

Call Pilot 3.0, the TFN and DID both come over a PRI.

So, I'd start looking at the trunk route :)

~~~

Can you post the route and 1 of the trunks in that route?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Another way to isolate this is call someone who has a DID on same PRI and have them answer instantly and start speaking. If you hear their first words, then that would eliminate the trunk route.

~~~

We have simililar issue on BCM's installed at certain store. Fortunately Callpilot allows you to import recordings. Use a program like Sony Sound Forge or a plethora of free recording software and insert silence to front of greeting until you find the right mix to play what you want to here. So far all the ones we've done like that haven't come back to bite us. Remember callpilot requires recordings to be 8 or 16 bit, Mono, PCM

i wiould just put 2 seconds of dead air at the begining of the message. noone will notice dead air between rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back