Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with floating images in CSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckthedesigner

Technical User
Mar 10, 2008
US
Hi, not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm hoping someone can help with a CSS question.

I've designed a page in CSS with two social-media images that are supposed to float to the right of a larger graphic. It displays perfectly on the Mac using Safari and Firefox, and looks acceptable on my iPad (although the page is a bit too wide, which is another issue). But in IE 8 for Windows, the images appear to the left of the larger image rather than to the right. If I tweak the positioning to make it work in IE, it won't work on the Mac or iPad.

I'm aware that there are hacks required for some CSS tags for IE, but I haven't used CSS for awhile and all of my usual tricks aren't working.

The URL in question is And the CSS is (.social1 and .social2, at the bottom of the file)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

Never mind, I figured it out... I changed the float-right to float-left, and then it worked better.

Never mind, I figured it out... I changed the float-right to float-left, and then it worked better. " ~ [lol]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back