Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with exec8.6 logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamaz17

Technical User
Mar 31, 2004
CA
Hey, I'm running backup 8.6 on a win2000 machine. Today I have tried to change the admin password for the network. But first I created a backup account for the veritas to run off of, so that it had it's own longon and rights. I did this throught "services.msc". Once I had changed all the veritas information I tried using it just to test it out, but not veritas just freezes up on me from the server machine and from the remote admin machine as well. Does anyone have any ideas.

-James

It may be restating the obvious but did you change the password through the services applet? When you changed the network password in AD you'll need to change the corresponding password in the logon fields for the service.

Otherwise, restart the BE engine and then the remote agents. Create a dummy backup job with a small amount of data and ensure that you can browse the remote shares. Review the logs to ensure that the BE agent is running sucessfully and you'll have much faster, error-free backups.

Hey, I'm still having the same issue. I changed the admin password thru active directory, and I changed the logon and password for veritas thru the services.msc section of windows 2000. Veritas still starts, but freezes apon logon.
Please please any help, I'm really stuck and getting no backup's.
-James

Jamaz...let me clarify on the agent passwd. change. You'll need to sync the new password on the backup server and all remote agents. If you've already done so it sounds like a critical DLL isn't registered correctly and an uninstall/reinstall might help. FYI, if you do this be sure to make a backup copy of your catalogs so you don't have to re-catalog all of your tapes for restores. If you wish to automate this Veritas has some BE utilities to recreate your jobs via scripting.

Hope that this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back