Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with Deskjet 695c Not communicating

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapattack

Technical User
Mar 23, 2004
AU
I had this printer installed on the work pc and I thought it had stopped working because of a faulty port but then took it home and had the same problem. It is not communicating with the PC! I get this error right when I am installing the software for it. Got any ideas? Sometimes I think it is because the cartridge is not sitting properly or something. Deskjets are not my speciality so I am lost!

It's been a while since I've worked on deskjets, but I'm pretty sure that if one of the cartridges is faulty, the printer will not communicate with the PC.

An easy way to check to see if one (or both) of the cartridges are faulty on the 695C is to open the top cover, wait for the carriage to slide to the middle of the rod, then while leaving the lid open, press the top button. If the carriage slides back onto the service station on the right then the cartridges are fine, if it doesn't, then there's a faulty cartridge (but unfortunately there's no way to tell *which* cartridge is faulty.. it's just a matter of trial and error).

Michael

HP Certified Technician

Thanks so much I think you are right as the cartridge did not return to it's station and no page printed. I am resonably sure which cartridge is the problem but I can't confirm for now because of the price of the cartridges. Will go back to the trusty Dot matrix for a while. I appreciate the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back