Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with 16-bit apps or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mardawg

MIS
Jul 13, 1999
US
In the last couple of days I have tried to install 2 different apps on my ntserver and I have received an error stating that my server is "can't run the 16-bit windows program. One of the files needed to run D:\Setup.exe is damaged. Please reinstall this application." The tweo things that strike me as odd about this situation are that: 1.I have not installed these apps yet, and 2. That I do not think that they are 16-bit apps as one is Technet and the other is Net X-Ray. Does anyone have any thoughts on this one?

If you have another NT machine try installing the Apps on it, If they install on the other machines then at least you know they are NT apps and that the insallation files are sound.<br>
<br>
If this is the case you can then get busy digging around your server for probs.

Thanks for the insight I tried them on another server and they worked fine. I believe that my system dlls have been corrupted. I install and uninstall several different kinds of software several times a week. I have reinstalled the os and everything seems to be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back