Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble upgrading from Beta 2 to release

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenK

Programmer
Jan 5, 2001
GB
I have Windows 2000 on my laptop. I have been using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Beta 2 for some time and have started the process of updating this to the current full release (as the Beta version has been throwning up some errors).
On attempting to uninstall / reinstall .NET Beta 2 from my machine it keeps stopping on the stage 'AddVsDevelopersToIisMetabase'. What would cause this ?
I now have a machine whereby I cannot develop on it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Steve

When reinstalling / uninstalling the processes seem to halt when running the stages 'AddVsDevelopersToIisMetabase' OR 'DeleteVsDiscoAppMeppingFromIisMetabase'. The procedures come to a stand-still and hav not progressed any further after a wait of an hour or so.

Has anyone seen this in their upgrades or seen any documentation about this issue ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Steve

It sounds like your IIS metabase has become corrupt. You might try removing & reinstalling IIS, and then restarting your .NET installation.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back