Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble Ticket Won't Print Remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

kef65

MIS
Jun 20, 2001
US
Hi,

I have the Alert Manager configured in Arcserve 6.5 to print trouble tickets to a printer at the HQ site (which is also where the PDC and print server is located). Users at the remote site can send jobs to the HQ printer w/o any problems. When I try to get the Alert Manager to print trouble tickets to the same printer from the remote site the document never appears, though the event log on the PDC says it printed. The broadcast messages from the remote site to HQ work fine.

The printer is an HP 4000 with a PCL driver. The Arcserve Alert Manager installed on the PDC at HQ prints trouble tickets fine.

TIA for any help.

Did you solve the problem with remote printing? If so I would like to know how. I am having the same problem and would like to find a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back