Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble Shoot T1 Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarHead2078

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2011
US
I'm trouble shooting a T1 circuit with the carrier and wonder if an Option 81C is capable of doing a loop back test if the carrier inserts a hard loop for test?

YES YOU SHOULD SEE THE LOOP GO CLEAN, YOU CAN ALSO LOOPBACK AT THE SMART JACK, ALL YOU NEED IS A LOOPBACK PLUG PINS 1 AND CONNECTED BACK TO 4 AND 5. IF ITS A ISDN PRI THE DCH WILL NOT COME UP BUT THE T1 SHOULD RUN ERROR FREE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

So are you saying that I should just stat the loop and if the loop back is good it should show clean?

Thanks for the tips. Usually I disable the DCH in LD 96 and then DISL the loop in LD 60, then I ENLL the loop in LD 60 and it gives me a status of the D channel. Is this the same thing that you mentioned "bhassell2000"? I usually do a LCNT every monrning to check the error status of my loops, this is how I see if there is a problem coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back