Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble selecting items with mouse in InDesign 3 & 5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mettee

Technical User
May 6, 2010
US
I've just moved to a new laptop running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. When I installed InDesign 3, a number of the menu items can't be clicked on. I can open, say, the Paragraph menu window, but cannot select anything inside it. I can select the type tool from the toolbox, but neither of the pointer tools.

I thought it might be a problem with CS3 so I downloaded InDesign 5 trial version and the same problem exists. This doesn't happen with any other program on this laptop including an old version of Adobe Photoshop.

I upgraded the mouse driver and touchpad driver. Even tried another mouse. None work.

Any ideas?

Hi

I don't have any good ideas other then uninstalling and reinstalling Indesign.

It sounds like something in the install is just not right.
If you do reinstall delete the folder if it is still there after uninstalling, run a registry checker like CCleaner and reinstall in a different location on your hard drive (i.e. Alt Indesign) so you don't pick up anything from your old installation.

Other then that I don't have any ideas.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the ideas. All good ones. I did uninstall and reinstall InDesign 3, but used the same folder and didn't check to see if the folders were deleted. Nor did I use CCleaner. I'll give those a try.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back