Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble Reworking Modules in Merlin Legend to Magix - proc cycles "C" on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedphones

Vendor
Oct 11, 2005
US
Hi all,

We have a site with a 3 carrier R7 Legend and need more extensions. They currently have:

Slot 0: R7 CKE4
Slot 1: 408 MLX-U
Slot 2: 408 MLX-U
Slot 3: 408 MLX-U
Slot 4: 408 MLX-U
Slot 5: 408 MLX-U

Slot 6: 008 MLX
Slot 7: 008 MLX
Slot 8: 008 MLX
Slot 9: 008 MLX
Slot 10: 008 MLX
Slot 11: 008 MLX-U

Slot 12: 008 MLX-U
Slot 13: 008 MLX-U
Slot 14: 016 TTR (also feeds intuity 6 port)
Slot 15: 016 TTR
Slot 16: 408 MLX-U
Slot 17: 016 MLX-U

We need to add about 12 phones and this should hold them for a couple of years. The plan was to do as little renumbering and moving of cables as possible.

We don't use the 016TTR at all in Slot 15, are going to change a few less TTRs for Intuity, and rework Slots 15,16,and 17 as follows:

Slot 15: 408 MLX-U
Slot 16: 016 MLX-U
Slot 17: 024 TDL

We have a CKE5 converted and restored with the original config and then were going to put it in with the changes of the last 3 slots and planned on doing a board renumber. The processor does the "C" blink and cycle which in my experience usually means we have an issue with a board, but in my case, I am suspicious of the order of the last few cards given I recall some 016 MLX placement considerations. Power supplies are all 391C.

We flipped the 024 and 016MLX and had the same result (slots 16 & 17). (Cycle "c" on processor.)

We tested the 024 at our shop and the processor was a recent pull from another 3 carrier site. Still, it could be bad ???

Can someone offer advice on the order of the cards? If it matters?

Thanks

True. 024TDL works on Magix processor only. You have an R7.0 Legend. It's not going to work without a processor upgrade.

I know that, the issue is why is the CKE5 R4.07 processor wigging out. Came from another 3 carrier system, worked fine. 024TDL tested fine in another carrier. Why am I having an issue?????

Pull slot 15, 16 ,17 start the system ,what happens, if it starts do a renumber and clear 15 16 & 17 , then add slot 15 , 16, no 024 , if its doesn't start then start with proc And the first carrier , what happens ?

when you did a an upgrade from your system with your new cke5 did you clear your cke5 from any earlier programming, because it will be looking for that configuration

another thing are you turning on carrier 3 first then 2 , then the proc car

Could be a unit load issue. I believe with the power supplies you have the unit load for each cabinet needs to be less than 96. Your unit load is going to be 107 after the re-arrangement. Here are the unit loads for the modules:

008MLX: 13.5 (you have 2 in the cabinet)
016MLX: 27
024TDL: 26
408MLX: 13.5
016TTR: 12.8
Total: 106.3

This may be too little too late, but I would set it up like it was when you first started and make sure it still works.

Now, once that's done, power down, remove the last 3 modules, power back up and do a board renumber.

Following that, you can add the modules in one at a time, doing a renumber (and testing) every time to see if that will bring your modified design to life.

The idea is to "erase" the modules you want to replace from the processor memory.

Hi All,

The saga continues but we took a break to eat turkey!

We flashed another processor just in case there was something along the buss expansion that may be the issue. This time, doing it in layers:

1. Just swap the processor and run for a week. So far so good.

2. Next, layer modules in one at a time with a board renumber in between each (we will back up along the way for each change).

3. Consider the unit load,

TelecomBoy, does it reserve the load by module, or is it only a concern if we fully load the 024TDL? In other words, if we only put 12 of the 4406D+ sets, is that OK?

Other questions you guys asked:

Plastic carrier,
we powered down 1-2-3 powered up 3-2-1 with 10-15 seconds in between each.
System came back up with the old proc when we put the orignal cards and order back in
System came up this time with the CKE5 R4, but still with the original cards and order.

The next phase will be the one by one change of cards as mentioned above.

I will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back