Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble recognising Network Hardware after reformat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handy1

Technical User
Sep 28, 2003
US
I finaly gave up dealing with Win 8 and reformatted my Dell laptop. After reinstalling Vista I can't go online anymore. I get the message "Not detection network hardware" and " No Wireless Network Adapter". I had no problems before the change. Could it just be coincidence that my wireless hardware failed at the very moment I reinstalled Vista? I don't see it anyware in hardware manager either. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Hank

Just go to Dell support, put in your service tag number & download and install the missing drivers. You may need to use another computer until you have the networking drivers installed, once installed you can update the remaining drivers as needed.

Ouch - Win 8 >>> VISTA

Have you verified that the radio is not disabled in the BIOS (long shot)?
Have you tried either an on/off switch on the body of the laptop OR a keystroke (Function Fx) that turns it on/off?

You're sure that there is no item in Device Manager that has an exclamation point on it or a question mark, indicating that the driver is just not installed?? Wireless drivers are not always supplied by the O.S.

Even if the driver is supplied, you could try to replace it with the one from your laptop's support site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back