Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble Printing from Dos to Hp 2300L

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrypuma

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
GB
Hi Folks

I have a user with a HP2300L Printer installed on their Windows 98 PC via LPT1 and shared to 1 PC.
The user has a software application which appears to be a dos based application, when they print a report from this software because it is a dos based application the text on the print out is quite large thus they are not able to fit all of the report on an A4 page.
They had an IBM printer before and it worked fine. I have tried the HP website no luck?
Has anybody had this before and is there anything I can do within the printer properties or is it software specific

Kind Regards

Try to send a PJL command by printing via Edit in Win 98 DOS command mode containing <= %-12345X@PJL DEFAULT FORMLINES=60
The Esc sequence start command (arrow to the left) is made by CTRL + P, Esc.
You might wanna try into increase or decrease the pagelength to make the report fit. As of the fact that Microsoft no more supports DOS, HP also has taken the step and declared it obsolete, so don´t expect too many DOS compatible printers in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back