Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble printing from Corel X3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedEyeGraphics

Technical User
Jan 28, 2008
US
I am having a issue with printing from Corel.

I am doing Dye Sublimation and printing to a Epson 4880.

On this particular image, which is all Vector Art, I am getting an error when I go to print.

"One or more white objects are set to overprint"

I have tried going to the Seperations Tab and clicking "Ignore" on the Document Overprints. But it does not change anything. It still does not print part of my image.

Can someone explain how I can fix this?

Thank you!

Steve

Open the object manager docker (windows tab - dockers)ensure the third icon (layer manager view) is clicked to allow view of objects and their properties - find the offending object/s and either delete it or change it.
Alan D

Alternatively double click the pick tool (arrow at top of your tools) to select all. Right click somewhere in the selection and turn off 'overprint fill/outline' as appropriate.

In some versions you might have to turn all overprints ON first and then turn them all off again.

Mezzie, yes that will work but would turn off overprint on objects that do need it.
On my previous answer the first icon for details need clicking too.
Alan D

I'm not sure whether you think the message is bogus (ie, you know there isn't a white object set to overprint) or whether you think there is, but just can't find it.

If the latter, then I reckon:

Edit : Find and replace : Find Objects : New Search
On Fills tab, select No Fill, Uniform fill and fountain.
Next
Specific uniform colour (select white)
Overprint fill: On
Next ...

If nothing shows, then maybe repeat with more types of fill and/or various types of outline.

Hopefully, something will show and you can either correct it or delete it.

There'e a good macro on one of the sites that finds objects with no fill and no outline which works ok, very good for imported ai files which seems to produce duplicates of each object 1 has fill 1 has outline only which may not be required.
Alan D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back