Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble Printing Colorized Greyscale Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgwdrw

Technical User
May 31, 2002
US
I am on PC - Quark 4.1. If I import a B&W TIF into Quark, and colorize the image, but leave the box background white or transparent, it prints to a laser printer fine. But if I color the image AND the background of the box, I get a print error: Offending Command: find cmykcustomcolor.
It works if the background is colored C,M,Y, or K, but not if the background is filled with a spot color. Any ideas please??? I'm trying to print the image at 100% spot color and the box fill at 80% spot color.

Hi
sgwdrw (TechnicalUser)

It won't work on laser printer because your document is creating a kind of postscript file which laser printer cann't read. So, if you want to try it, try it on postscript printers. Otherwise edit your black and white image in its native software. And then print on laser printer.

upkar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back