Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble integrating Calander / Report / Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandelay

Programmer
Jun 22, 2003
US
I have a report that is generated based on the Active X calander day chosen. It works great so far, you pick the day, and hit print. Simple, right? Well I am trying to add a second query to the mix that would que up a sub report on the main report. The main report contains all the business information, the sub report contains all the people who worked that day and that comes off of a separate query (count # query).

Here is the code that I run when you push the 'print' button:

strFilter = "[Date] = # & calPickADay.Value & "#"

strDocName = "rptBusinessReport"

DoCmd.OpenReport strDocName, acViewPreview, , strFilter

I tried to add another strFilter to make the sub query use the specified calander date from the Active X calander, and I assumed it would query and then the sub report would match the main report but it doesn't work.

The other thing I tried was to add a similar 'docmd' line, but it opened th sub report as it's own report and I don't want that, I wanted it to open as the sub report.

Can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back