Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble Installing Network Adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

PayneMG

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2006
US
I've been pounding on this one for 2 days with no luck at all. I'm trying to install a wireless adapter into an HP computer running WinXP Pro and every time the installation fails with a "system cannot find the file specified" message. I've so far tried this with 3 different adapters; WMP11v4, WMP54G, and even a WUSB11 v2.6. I've went through the registry and removed all traces of Linksys each time before installing the next adapter. I tried installing drivers BEFORE installing the cards and still no luck. I tried doing the Winsock fix, I even did a repair installation of XP, no help. Has anyone had this problem before and solved it? The only other option I see is to reformat and reinstall XP, but I really don't want to do that since this isn't my machine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back